7 Responses to “Oh! For a Muse of Fire” Bella recites Shakespeare

1. Jenny October 25, 2014 at 10:54 am #

That’s great! Did you notice Sophia mouthing the words in the background?

• Melanie Bettinelli October 25, 2014 at 4:43 pm #

Dom tried to take one of Sophie too, but she couldn’t stop giggling. Anthony actually recited the first line or so.

2. Vicki October 25, 2014 at 10:43 pm #

Well done, Bella.

3. M. E. October 26, 2014 at 7:30 am #

Bravissima, Bella!

4. Melanie October 27, 2014 at 1:09 pm #

Well done! Loved little sister mouthing the words behind her.

5. priest's wife @byzcathwife January 14, 2015 at 1:16 pm #

beautiful! I love this speech- my kids have been in ‘Much Ado About Shakespeare’ for 7 years- the teens are preparing Cymbeline and the 7 and 5 year old are doing MidSummer (cutting the 2 pairs of lovers to simplify the play)- pray for the 5 year old- she is ‘first fairy’ (only 2 fairies in this play- plus Puck) and saying some of Hippolyta’s lines as well

• Melanie Bettinelli January 14, 2015 at 11:42 pm #

Oh how I’d love to be able to organize that sort of Shakespeare activity for homeschoolers here. It’s one of my dearest dreams. I think it might have to wait a few years though. If there were something already up and running, I think we could jump in. But organizing people into activities is not my strong suit. And trying to do that right now doesn’t seem realistic.

How sweet that even your five year old is participating. My five year old is painfully shy and refuses to talk to anyone outside of our immediate family. I can’t even imagine him preparing to act in a play! But my older girls would jump at the chance.