1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE ? No. Though I believe my parents attended St. Melany’s Byzantine Catholic Church in Tuscon, AZ (which claims to be the only church in the world dedicated to St Melany or Melania) sometimes before they moved to Texas where I was born.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? A few minutes ago. Reading blogs can be hazardous.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes. When I take the time to write neatly, that is.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Smoked turkey.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes. Bella is 20 months old, Francis is in heaven and Sophia is due in February.
6. WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? All the time.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Maybe. Probably not. But I wouldn’t completely rule it out, either.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? cold: rice krispies, hot: oatmeal with blueberries and almonds
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? sometimes depends on the shoe, the laces, how much of a hurry I’m in, the phase of the moon.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Sometimes
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I don’t know. More of a general impression than a specific feature.
15. RED OR PINK? Red. Dark red. I don’t really like pink, though I’m softening on it a bit since Bella looks so cute in it.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? Procrastination, lack of self-discipline, laziness.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My sister.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? gray corduroy maternity pants with stretchy waistband (the only non sweatpants that still fit) and charcoal fuzzy slippers
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk and a mug of Earl Grey decaf
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the sound of Bella playing with a pencil and crayons
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Yes. Just can’t think of them right now.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My sister.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? none I don’t really like watching sports
25. HAIR COLOR? brown
26. EYE COLOR? brown
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? occasionally
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings, though don’t hate scary movies.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Once. A haunting movie.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Green t-shirt, blue sweater
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? depends on when you ask. Right now with lovely snow, winter seems best. In another month, I’ll probably be dying for summer.
33. HUGS OR KISSES? yes
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? you mean I have to choose? It depends on my mood and the season. if it’s got chocolate, I’ll probably like it. Non-chocolate? Key-lime pie, pecan pie anything with berries.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I’m actually strangely between books. Oh, sure, there are half a dozen I’m currently paging through and a bunch I’ve begun and mean to get back to. But nothing has yet taken place in the forefront of my attention except maybe the anthology of poetry edited by Billy Collins that my mom gave me for Epiphany.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don’t have a mousepad I use an iBook with a touchpad
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Thunderstorms, ocean waves, “mama” when said by my daughter, my daughter’s laughter, my husband’s voice, snow falling at night when there’s no other sound, wind in the trees
39. BEATLES OR ROLLING STONES? if I had to choose, I’d definitely go with Beatles, but I’m not a huge fan.
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Probably Budapest, if not then somewhere else in Europe
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I read very fast, I think I have a good eye when making quilts, people tell me I write well and cook well… not sure they’re all that special.
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Austin, Texas.