New England Catholic Homechool Conference

The New England Catholic Homechool Conference is May 19 in Methuen, MA and for the first time it is near enough for going to be feasible for me.  I am very much looking forward to it.

Are you going to be there? If so, please let me know. I’d love to meet any of my readers who are going.

48 Responses to New England Catholic Homechool Conference

1. Ellie May 7, 2012 at 8:14 am #

Oh what wonderful news! What a happy surprise at the end of the post! Yay grin

I think in terms of Bella—follow your heart, and hers in terms of her friendships and her generous spirit. If you feel it would be a hurtful experience (clearly wrongly placed love and affection on her part), then you can gently steer her away. What you can also do in following her lead is to gently guide her towards giving in other areas (to the poor/ill/homeless children etc)—maybe your church has some programs she could be introduced to in terms of giving gently used books and toys? I tend to feel that it is never too soon to be introduced to selfless Christian giving.

2. Kim Chrisman May 6, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Congratulations!!  Love to read about your children. You are such a great mom. #5 will be one blessed baby:). I just found out I will be blessed with grandchild #2 in jan!  So here’s to jan!

Blessings
    Kim Chrisman

3. Jennifer May 6, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Congratulations, Melanie & family!!  Great news!

4. Charlotte May 6, 2012 at 9:37 am #

So happy for you!

5. Alicia May 6, 2012 at 9:46 am #

Congratulations on the new blessing!  And another congrats on the per-pregnancy weight!  Way to go you!

6. Teresa May 6, 2012 at 10:15 am #

Wonderful news! Blessings abound!
    Congratulations to you and Dom and Bella and Sophie and Ben and Anthony!!!

7. Jennifer G. Miller May 7, 2012 at 10:31 am #

Wonderful news! Isn’t that always what happens? Get down on pre-pregnancy weight and then you’re blessed again! I pray that it will be uneventful and smooth!

8. Andrea May 6, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  May God bless you with an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

9. Karen May 7, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Congratulations!  January is a wonderful month for babies. But then, I don’t think there’s a*bad* month for babies, so I’m biased.

I agree with Ellie; Bella has a loving, giving heart but our jobs as parents is to steer their giving instincts towards what others need or would like, rather than what WE would like them to have.  The first is a gift, the latter a present.

We like to save any unused disposable diapers that the baby has outgrown and package them nicely (putting the size and brand on the outside) and take them to our pregnancy support center. One neat thing they did this Lent was hand out baby bottles at our church, and we filled them up with our spare change, and returned them to the collecting points.  My boys loved filling their “bottles for babies”.

Maybe making cards (since Bella likes to make paper things) for the elderly that live in nursing homes, and visiting them? I know from visiting my grandmother that the folks there just adore seeing little children.

10. Celeste May 6, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Congrats, Melanie, to all of you—how absolutely wonderful!!!

11. Becky D. May 7, 2012 at 11:10 am #

Melanie,

Congratulations!! Do I remember correctly that you buried your last announcement in a long post too.

12. Sarah in MI May 7, 2012 at 11:27 am #

In response to your question:  yes, I’ve done those mental calculations many times.  Also the ones about “if I get pregnant this month, how old will Current Baby be?” And, “um, how many years of fertility do I have left!?”

13. The Sojourner May 7, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Maybe it’s not so much your pre-pregnancy weight as your ideal conception weight. wink Congratulations!

14. The Sojourner May 7, 2012 at 11:57 am #

P.S. Bella’s gifts kind of remind me of my little sister. A couple of months ago, I was visiting home and she decided to give me all her money. (She gets a nickel every now and then for being cooperative.) Obviously I’m not so poor that I need about $2 in change from a 5-year-old, but she was quite insistent so I finally said I’d keep it for a day or two and give it back before I left. The next day she was perfectly willing to have it back.

I’m not sure how that translates to Bella’s experience. Maybe tell her to think it over for a day or two and make sure she’s really okay with giving away her things? Or maybe, going off what other commenters said, see if you can figure out something the neighbor girl or the cousin would like as a gift and suggest that instead. Getting people something they’d particularly appreciate is an important part of gift-giving, though certainly not the only part.

15. jen ambrose May 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

How could you bury this in a quick takes? Fantastic and exciting news!

16. Hallie May 7, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys!

17. Janet May 7, 2012 at 1:02 am #

Congratulations!  Wonderful news!

18. Dorian Speed May 7, 2012 at 1:10 am #

Congratulations, Melanie and Dom! That’s terrific! I’ll be praying for you.

19. MrsDarwin May 7, 2012 at 2:23 am #

Congratulations to you, and hope these next few weeks are easy for you!

20. Amy Welborn May 7, 2012 at 2:37 am #

Wonderful!  Congratulations!

21. Sarah in MI May 7, 2012 at 4:58 am #

Congratulations and God bless you all!

22. Kathryn May 7, 2012 at 5:00 am #

Congratulations! What lovely news smile

23. Patricia May 7, 2012 at 5:19 am #

Congratulations.  May God bless you with another beautiful child.  You’re doing such an amazing job with the first four He just had to trust you with another little one.

24. Karen Edmisten May 7, 2012 at 5:30 am #

Congratulations, Melanie! How exciting, and what a blessing!

25. scotch meg May 7, 2012 at 5:49 am #

Congratulations!  And even though you’ll be putting on weight again, it was a good thing to land at a lower starting point.  It does make a difference.

26. Marcie in Canada May 7, 2012 at 6:03 am #

Congratulations Melanie and family!  This is such an exciting time in your life.  I am always amazed that just when we think our lives are full and how can we possibly do any more, God blesses us with another little soul and we realize, once again, what is important in this life.  Praying you are feeling well, my dear!

27. Meghan Maresh May 7, 2012 at 6:17 am #

Whoop whoop!  Can’t wait to meet your next cutie!  Let’s get together soon, eh?

28. Emily J May 7, 2012 at 6:37 am #

Ha! Too funny – how often does that getting back in shape = getting pregnant!  Congratulations! It’s probably time to update the jeans anyway!

29. bearing May 7, 2012 at 6:40 am #

Wonderful!  You sneaky person putting this in the bottom of a QT post.  I almost missed it.

I will keep an eye on Margaret for you.  wink

30. Elizabet M May 7, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Congratulations! Your home is so full of love, it was bound to be ready for a new addition soon. God bless you all. Prayers for a smooth and healthy pregnancy with a New Year’s baby blessing!

31. Theresa Gonzalez May 7, 2012 at 8:16 am #

Woohoo! Congratulations!

32. Aunt Lois May 8, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Congrats to you both, Melanie and Dom!

33. Terry Southard May 7, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Oh, wonderful, wonderful!!!!!  So happy for you guys!

34. GeekLady May 8, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Congratulations on the wonderful new family member!

As to Bella’s generosity…  When I was really little, an older girl, the daughter of one of my dad’s coworkers, wrote a story, typed (on a typewriter!) and illustrated and everything.  And she gave it to me.  I still have it.  So you never know what will touch someone and stick with them throughout the years.

35. Lydia May 7, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Yippee! Congratulations on another beautiful baby! What wonderful news!

36. dweej {House Unseen} May 7, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Soooooooooooooooo happy for you!  Had a feeling this must be it smile  Can’t wait to hear all about it!!!! 😀

37. In Need of Grace May 7, 2012 at 11:55 am #

Ha ha ha! Hilarious! Pregnancy + nursing baby = fabulous weight loss plan! I should do that. Wait, maybe not, lol!
    Congratulations! Wonderful news. Babies are always good news. Always!

38. Jessica May 8, 2012 at 1:10 am #

Congratulations, Melanie! May God bless and protect you and your little one during this pregnancy.

39. Erika May 8, 2012 at 4:35 am #

Yippee! I’m so happy for you, Melanie! You’ll be in my prayers all the way home! (I love the “frantic calculations” bit—I do that every few months…)

40. Colleen May 8, 2012 at 5:44 am #

Congratulations!  Great news!!!

41. KG May 8, 2012 at 8:11 am #

Congratulations! I follow your blog and my little girl is close in age to your youngest (born March 2011.)  Funny thing…I took a pregnancy test the same Saturday morning…with different results though.  How funny!  God bless and overjoyed for you!

42. Mary Frances May 8, 2012 at 8:18 am #

What lovely news Melanie!  Congratulations! Will keep you in my prayers for a smooth pregnancy and delivery.

43. Karen May 8, 2012 at 7:41 am #

CONGRATULATIONS!

you make the cutest babies – can’t wait to see the newest edition….

blessings and best wishes for the whole clan

Karen

44. Valerie May 10, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Happy news! Good health to you all.

45. Idoya May 20, 2012 at 9:36 am #

I read this when you posted it and I just couldn’t stop smiling. I had so many words then, stories even, but busy-ness has taken it all away. Still, I couldn’t let this wonderful moment go by without congratulating you. Like many others I remember how you announced your pregnancy with Anthony! Wonderful news, God bless you all richly smile

46. Kelly May 29, 2012 at 6:40 am #

Always late to the party..ah, well.

Congratulations, Melanie!! I’m so happy for you! You and your wee one will be in my prayers.

btw, my word verification is “growing96” wink

47. Calah May 29, 2012 at 6:49 am #

Melanie, I can’t tell you how glad I am that I just found this and you wrote it while we were in Texas for my grandad’s funeral. It doesn’t excuse the obvious hints I’ve missed in the recent posts, but still. At least I didn’t miss the announcement through sheer neglect. A very belated congratulations! Five! Way to go. Hope you’re feeling better soon and not too nauseous. Yuck.

48. Nicole Stallworth June 2, 2012 at 7:19 am #

So I’m a month behind in my reader. Congratulations! God bless you! I’ll try to burn through the rest of the posts between May 6 and now!