Lucia the Destroyer

Lucia’s new fascination is for knocking down block towers. It’s such fun I will sit there and build towers for her to destroy again and again. And she even is so intent on destroying towers that she forgets she’s on her belly and that she hates tummy time. She just goes after them with fierce determination.

I caught this series of photos on my phone. A perfect sequence showing her striving and succeeding.

The moment of glory when they all fall on her head is especially lovely.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

Lucia.

No babies were hurt in the making of this blog post. She didn’t even fuss when they all tumbled onto her head, as you can see from the next photo, taken just a second later.

7 Responses to Lucia the Destroyer

1. Celeste August 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

So cute!

2. Mary August 28, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

She’s so sweet! And looks so much like Anthony!

3. katherine johnson August 28, 2013 at 10:50 pm #

She is so adorable!

4. Mamanerd August 30, 2013 at 12:31 am #

Sweet!

5. Mary August 30, 2013 at 10:33 am #

She is precious!

6. RAnn September 1, 2013 at 12:42 am #

I find it interesting how many people say their babies hate tummy time, yet only 22 years ago most babies slept on their tummies. My son got caught in the transition–when we left the hospital I was told to put him to sleep on his tummy. When I went in for his 1 month check-up I was told to put him on his side or back–and he cried and cried. When he started daycare at three months the sitter thought I was nuts when I told her he slept on his back, per doctor’s orders.

• Melanie Bettinelli September 1, 2013 at 11:55 am #

I wonder if it’s because they don’t sleep on their tummies? I know all my babies sleep better on their bellies and honestly after the first time they roll over I start to put them down on their bellies because they do sleep so much better.