Well, I did it. Today in one marathon sewing binge I finished up this quilt which I began making four years ago. It was originally intended for Ben, but Ben decided he liked the one I began for Anthony and so I’ve swapped the two. Anthony’s favorite blankie has disintegrated into a half dozen little filthy rags and so he desperately needed something new. I had finished piecing the top right before Christmas. Today I decided to throw together a backing from some flannel I had sitting around and then I cut a piece out of an ancient bedspread that I’ve had since I was ten or so and I used that as my batting. I didn’t bind it or quilt it, just sewed the edges together.
Quilt top, finished Dec 23. The pattern is a sort of crazy log cabin. Each square was pieced freehand and each was a different finished size and then they were all stitched together with extra strips added in to make everything fit together.
I think he likes it.