7 Responses to Lynch Park

1. The Bookworm October 19, 2008 at 6:08 am #

Funny, my mother abhorred pink, and never, ever dressed me in it (I think it was easier to avoid in those days!). I didn’t have strong feelings one way or the other, but after three girls pink is now one of my favourite colours. I even wear pink myself occasionally, which I would never have done before smile

2. Cathy October 20, 2008 at 8:37 am #

I made a point of asking for purple for my daughter, now 6 (!) years ago.  She of course loves pink clothes, and yes, they look great on little girls. Now I too have a few things in pink…I mean coral..or… salmon.

3. Roger October 19, 2008 at 11:44 am #

Wow… I’ve had this exact discussion with my wife!

My oldest daughter adores pink… and while I am the opposite, I find it hardly rational to criticize her choice in color, LOL.

And she does look beautiful in pink.  I just make it a point to recommend all the colors of the spectrum at her disposal. grin

4. CJ October 19, 2008 at 7:41 am #

I am expecting a daughter after four sons and I have hated pink all my life. Loathed it. I’m going to be thinking about this post in the months to come—it’s hard for me to imagine changing course on that one!

5. Karen Edmisten October 22, 2008 at 6:21 am #

Oh, Melanie, so funny. Me, too, me, too!

6. mrsdarwin October 23, 2008 at 10:12 am #

I’ve never really minded pink, and even wear it myself on occasion because it looks good with my skin tone.  Now after three girls, I’m surrounded by pink stuff and looking forward to seeing some blue on the boy.

However, if any child gets me to like orange, that will be a minor miracle.

7. Melanie Bettinelli October 23, 2008 at 10:41 am #

Mrs D.

Oh I almost added something to the same effect about orange to the end of this post. It’s my sister-in-law’s favorite color but I can’t stand it.