No one’s tagged me yet. But I wanna play anyway.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Yes, please. I’m just glad I can have them this year the way I like them: hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint schnappes; egg nog with bourbon, naturally.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually he wraps. Unless it’s something really big like a bike or a computer. Then it’s draped with a sheet or a garbage bag.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Once I did. Climbed up a tree and cut a sprig.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually a couple of weeks before Christmas. It’s been known to happpen later, though.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Broccoli with hollandaise (Holiday) sauce.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: No moment really stands out, it’s all a warm, happy blur.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I’m not sure how old I was. But it was an m&m bag that gave him away. I saw it in the trash bag in the kitchen, knew mom and dad hadn’t bought them, but Santa had left them. Not sure now why that was such a dead give-away. I guess I was just ready.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. Early Christmas morning. You’ve gotta wait for it.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We don’t have much yet as this is only our second Christmas: string of colored lights, a gold garland, candy canes, olive wood ornaments from the Holy Land, little colored glass balls, a few ornaments we’ve received as gifts…
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! Until it gets muddy and slushy and thaws and refreezes, that is. But the magic of fresh snow never ceases to enchant me.
12. Can you ice skate? I can skid a bit and fall on my butt. Graceful was never my forte. Balance? What’s that?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope. That’s the funny thing. It meant so much at the time. But now, who can remember? The only Christmas gift I still remember and cherish is my little sister who arrived the day after Christmas.
14. What�s the most important thing about the holidays for you? “The Word became Flesh and Dwelt Among US.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Rum balls.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Midnight mass.
17. What tops your tree? Nothing yet. I haven’t found the perfect topper.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love finding the perfect gift… and I love the moment of anticipation before ripping the paper.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? In the Bleak Midwinter.
20. Candy canes: Look good on the tree. I’m not a huge fan of hard candy.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk, of course.
Join the discussion