Dale Price tagged me.
1) Go to Wikipedia.
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday.
4) List two important birthdays and one death.
5) One holiday or observance (if any).
216 BC – Second Punic War: Battle of Cannae – The Carthaginian army lead by Hannibal defeats a numerically superior Roman army under command of consuls Lucius Aemilius Paullus and Gaius Terentius Varro.
1776 – Delegates to the Continental Congress begin signing the United States Declaration of Independence.
1798 – French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of the Nile (Battle of Aboukir Bay) concludes in an English victory
1990 – Gulf War: Iraq invades Kuwait, eventually leading to conflict with coalition forces.
(Ok, I can’t count. I chose four events)
1905 – Myrna Loy, American actress (d. 1993)
1932 – Peter O’Toole, Irish-born actor
1939 – Wes Craven, American film director
1942 – Isabel Allende, Chilean author
(Again with the inability to count!)
1921 – Enrico Caruso, Italian tenor (b. 1873)
* Costa Rica – Our Lady of the Angels.
* Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia – Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising.
* Day of Airborne Forces in Russia.
* Tisha B’Av, Jewish Day of Mourning over the destruction of the First and Second Temples
Liturgical Feasts (cause I just thought it was cool)
* Ilya the Prophet in the Russian Orthodox Church.
* Saint Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
* Translation of Saint Alban, martyr (protomartyr of England) [England] * Saint Auspicius, bishop of Apt, martyr [Apt] * Saint Eusebius, bishop of Vercelli
* Saint Gaudentius, bishop of Chur, martyr [Chur] * Saint Peter Julian Eymard
* Saint Stephen I, pope, martyr [common; 6082, in red] * Saint Catherine (daughter of Bridget) [Scandinavia] * Saint Etheldritha/Alfrida
and whoever else wants to play
Join the discussion